Emily has been fighting sleep of any kind lately and it has been so frustrating. She will be so tired that she can barely hold her eyes open and she still refuses to give in and go to sleep, and I have tried everything that I can think of, but nothing works. It has been so frustrating and exhausting!
But despite the frustration, there have been moments in there that I would not give back!! For example, a couple of days ago, she had been up for 6 hours and would not go down. I was in her room rocking her and she had her head resting on my shoulder. After about 5 minutes I was pretty sure that she was asleep and I was so excited!! Then out of no where, she sits straight up, looks at me, gives me the biggest, wettest kiss on the cheek and instantly puts her head back down and she was out! Suddenly those 6 hours of frustration were totally worth it!!
And then tonight, she had slept for a grand total of 1 hour the entire day, and was putting up a fight for bed. I was sitting on the couch, debating whether or not I should go back in there, when I noticed Eeyore sitting next to me on the couch. Figuring that was probably why she was crying, I went in, picked her up, and went to rock her. She instantly saw Eeyore, gave him a big kiss, put her arm around him, and then used him as a pillow. It was so cute! It's moments like these that make it totally worth all the tears and frustrations that come with being a mom!!
1 comment:
I love that! Liam has never been really particular about what he sleep with but we have had a few occasions like this.
Post a Comment