We finally started our last semester and we are so excited! I only have 4 classes this semester and Jonathan only has 2, so it's a pretty easy semester for us! Plus one of the classes we have together, so that makes it easy!
Jonathan has been busy last semester and this semester applying for different police agencies for after we graduate. He's had some callbacks and we are really excited/hopeful that one of them will lead to a job offer!
Well, lots of things have happened since I last blogged.... but we're not so good at taking pictures, but we're trying to work on that!!!
We stayed here in Rexburg for Thanksgiving and I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner... with the help of Nancy! Jonathan worked a 12 hour shift that day, but I had to call him home to help me get all the gizzards and stuff out of the turkey!! :) They should really sell them without all that stuff!!! Jonathan's mom Nancy told me how to cook the turkey, since I had never cooked one before and it turned out great!! I was a little disappointed though, because I was expecting it to look like all the ones on T.V.- the perfectly golden brown all over-it didn't- but it still looked REALLY good!! Thanks Nancy!
The week after Thanksgiving, Jonathan and I drove down to Arizona so that he could test with Mesa Police Department. There were 4 tests that week, and he had to pass each one before he could move onto the next. Jonathan did awesome and passed ALL of them and even received an invitation to come down and do some more testing!! We are pretty excited!!! Rumor was that there were over 3,000 applicants and for this next round, they have already narrowed it down to about 125, so even if he doesn't receive a job offer, we are really excited that he has gotten this far and I am so proud of him!!!
We also stayed here for Christmas this year since we had plans to travel a lot this next couple months for job testing. Again, Jonathan worked 12 hours, but his supervisor gave him permission to come home for a couple of hours so that we could spend time together and open presents. I made monkey bread for Christmas breakfast, a tradition in Jonathan's family. It was pretty good, but I think that it will be better next year since I know how to make it now. After breakfast, we opened presents and were able to talk to our families before Jonathan had to go back to work. I went onto campus with him, and hung out with him for a couple of hours. We visited a parrot that they have in campus and tried to get him to talk for awhile!! It was pretty fun, and Jonathan's shift went by really fast cause we were still able to spend time together.
Afterwards, I came home and made Christmas dinner for us and some friends that we had invited over. It was delicious!! We had ham, whipped cream potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, and some cool whip salad stuff, with crepes and fruit for dessert! This is the only picture that we have taken in the last couple of months...
Our first Christmas tree!!
This December was also out one year anniversary!! I can't believe we've been married for so long already!!! It went by so fast!! We celebrated by going out to eat and Jonathan surprised me with flowers! I am so excited that we have eternity to go!!!!
1 comment:
Cute tree!!! Do you guys have Camo Stockings?!?!
Your dinners all sound good! You should have saved me some! :)
I am excited to see you next week!
Post a Comment