They took the Nursery kids pictures and they gave us a copy. I am so glad they did because it's adorable!!
We went on our ward campout this month. The kids always look forward to it! Jonathan had the weekend off so we went up a day early. We stopped at A&W to get our free root beer floats for National Root Beer Float day and then headed up to Colorado to go camping. That first night, the kids were a little scared that we were the only ones at the campground, but I think they were too excited so they didn't stay scared for long!! We explored and roasted marshmallows before bed. That weekend, we went fishing. We never caught anything the but the kids had fun anyways and both of them got pretty good at casting by themselves.
The kids really wanted to catch something so once we got back to Farmington, we headed up to Farmington lake and went fishing again. Still didn't catch anything but the kids has lots of fun. They especially liked holding the worms- they obviously are not my kids.
Emily, Jackson, and I did a summer reading program at the library. We all read the amount of book that we were supposed to for our age group so we all got a free tee shirt. I got the smallest size they offered for the kids, but it was still huge on them. They love it anyways and are always excited to wear their "library shirts" to bed!
We got to see baby this month!! We had decided not to find out the gender of baby, and I really thought that I would give in and ask to see what baby was when we were there, but I was really proud of myself and didn't give in. The ultrasound tech didn't even go down that ways cause she didn't want to accidently slip by saying he or she during the ultrasound. I am still convinced that we are having a girl :)
August 26th was Emily's first day of Preschool. She was so excited and was ready to go.
Jackson had to hold her sign too.
I admit I was having a hard time with her going to school, but I was doing fine until I saw this! Doesn't this just melt your heart?!?! Jackson was so concerned that we were leaving without Emily. I think he had a harder time with it than I did! He also had to take his backpack to school with him so that he could match Emily.
I tried to keep Jackson busy while Emily was at school and tried to make the one on one time that we had together fun. We made brownies to eat after Emily got home from school, we read books, and of coarse played cars. Hopefully we both get used to her being gone during the day!




























No comments:
Post a Comment